Learning Resource Center (LRC)
The mission of the school Learning Resource Center (LRC) is to provide an inviting, dynamic learning environment and services that support and enhance teaching, literacy, and learning.
To support this mission, the LRC:
- Provides all members of the learning community access to a supportive, welcoming, and learner-center environment.
- Works in collaboration with teachers, administrators, support staff, and parents to provide learning experiences that promote student achievement.
- Fosters the development of reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills and provides experiences that expand and reinforce classroom reading instruction.
- It provides lifelong learning through information literacy instruction that is integrated with classroom content.
- It contains rich and abundant collections of materials in many formats-both print and electronic-to meet the teaching and learning needs of the school curriculum and reflect the diversity and intellectual freedom principles.
- Fosters connections with the larger learning community to provide students with access to learning resources and activities beyond the school walls.
- Communicates library program plans, needs, and accomplishments to stakeholders on a regular basis.